Saturday, 29 August 2026

Series 33, Prog 16

THE JACK LAWRENCE SONG BOOK

Jack Lawrence (born Jacob Louis Schwartz) was an acclaimed American songwriter and lyricist who helped shape the Great American Songbook. He wrote the lyrics for some of the most enduring hits of the 1930s, '40s, and ‘50s including All or Nothing At AllBeyond the Sea and the enduring jazz standard, Tenderly. He was inducted into the Songwriters' Hall of Fame in 1975.

__________________________________


Intro: A Little White Ship - Todd Gordon: Love dot com

All or Nothing At All - Frank Sinatra: Strangers In the Night
Ciribiribin (They’re So In Love) - Frank Sinatra: The Complete Harry James And His Orchestra Featuring Frank Sinatra
It’s Funny to Everyone But Me - Dinah Shore: Dinah Sings Some Blues With Red
Symphony - Ed Townsend with Nelson Riddle & His Orchestra: New In Town
What Will I Tell My Heart - Ella Fitzgerald: Like Someone In Love
Big Boy Blue - The Mills Brothers & Ella Fitzgerald: 78rpm single
Passing By - Irene Kral: Better Than Anything
Beyond the Sea (La Mer) - Bobby Darin: single
What’s Your Story, Morning Glory - Anita O’Day: Sings the Winners
(I’m Just) Foolin’ Myself - Carmen McRae: Have We Met?
No One But You - Billy Eckstine: Billy Eckstine’s Greatest Hits
I'm Glad For Your Sake (I'm Sorry For Mine) - Dinah Washington: Dinah ’63
Think Beautiful - Peggy Lee: Guitars a la Lee
Linda - Frank Sinatra: Reprise Studio Recordings (Disc 17)
Delicado - Janet Seidel: Moon of Manakoola
Once Upon a Dream - Laika Fatien: Disney Loves Jazz
A Handful of Stars - Nat King Cole: Sings for Two In Love
I Had a Ball - Nancy Wilson: From Broadway with Love
Tenderly - Sarah Vaughan: Sassy Swings The Tivoli (Disc 1)

Jack Lawrence
(April 7, 1912 - March 15, 2009)

“The evening breeze caressed the trees - tenderly” 

Photo: HMay/Pexels

No comments:

Post a Comment