Thursday 20 June 2024

Series 28, Prog 2

THE JIMMY McHUGH SONG BOOK

Intro: A Little White Ship - Todd Gordon: Love dot com

I’d Know You Anywhere - Irene Kral & Herb Pomeroy: The Band and I
On the Sunny Side of the Street - The Modernaires: We Remember Tommy Dorsey Too!
Reach for Tomorrow - Ella Fitzgerald: Let No Man Write My Epitaph
I Feel a Song Comin’ On - Claire Martin featuring Joe Locke: I Feel a Song Coming On
Where Are You? - Frank Sinatra: Where Are You?
I’m Shooting High - Ann Richards: I’m Shooting High
I Just Found Out About Love - Diane Schuur: Diane Schuur & The Count Basie Orchestra
Lost in a Fog - Tommy Leonetti With Marion Evans & His Orchestra: Dream Street
The Music Stopped - Keely Smith: Keely Sings Sinatra
A Most Unusual Day - June Christy with Stan Kenton: Road Show (Recorded in Concert at Purdue University)
Don’t Blame Me - The Mills Brothers: Gems by the Mills Brothers
Spreadin’ Rhythm Around - Billie Holiday & Teddy Wilson: The Real Billie Holiday
I Can't Believe That You're in Love with Me - Dean Martin: This Time I’m Swingin’
I’m In the Mood for Love - Mae West: The Fabulous Mae West
Can’t Get Out of This Mood - Samara Joy: Linger Awhile
When My Sugar Walks Down the Street - Nat King Cole: Let’s Face the Music
Exactly Like You - Carmen McRae: After Glow
Let’s Get Lost - Chet Baker: Chet Baker Sings and Plays
A Lovely Way to Spend an Evening - Ann Burton & Louis van Dyke Trio: Ballads & Burton
I Can’t Give You Anything but Love - Sarah Vaughan & Benny Carter: The Explosive Side of Sarah Vaughan

Jimmy McHugh 
(July 10, 1894 – May 23, 1969)


No comments:

Post a Comment