Thursday, 10 September 2026

Series 33, Prog 18

THE HARRY WARREN SONG BOOK

Harry Warren was the first major songwriter to focus mostly on writing music for movies. Over a 60-year career, he wrote more than 800 songs. His famous tunes appeared in over 300 films and received 11 Oscar nominations, winning three Academy Awards - the first of which he picked up in 1935 for Lullaby of Broadway. He was inducted into the Songwriters' Hall of Fame in 1971.


_________________________________



Intro: A Little White Ship - Todd Gordon: Love dot com


You’re Getting to Be a Habit with Me - Frank Sinatra: Songs for Swinging’ Lovers!

Lullaby of Broadway - Ella Fitzgerald: Sings Sweet Songs for Swingers

That’s Amore - Dean Martin: Dean Martin Sings

This Is Always - Betty Carter: Inside Betty Carter

The More I See You - Johnny Hartman: The Voice That Is!

Jeepers Creepers - Cleo Laine: Cleo Laine Sings (EP)

On the Atchison, Topeka and the Santa Fe - Johnny Mercer & The Pied Pipers: The Best of Johnny Mercer

You Must Have Been a Beautiful Baby - Peggy Lee: Somethin’ Groovy!

There Will Never Be Another You - Ann Phillips: Born to Be Blue

You’re My Everything - Nat King Cole: I Don’t Want to Be Hurt Anymore

At Last - Etta James: At Last!

This Heart of Mine - Ruth Price & Vic Feldman Trio: Live And Beautiful (at The Scene Club, Hollywood)

By the River Sainte Marie - Sy Oliver & His Orchestra featuring Leslie Scott: 78rpm single

I Wish I Knew - Beverly Kelly: Sings with the Pat Moran Trio

I Had the Craziest Dream - Bob Manning: Lonely Spell

Coffee Time - Carmen McRae & André Previn Trio: Subterraneans (Soundtrack)

Someone Like You - The Four Freshmen: Four Freshmen and Five Trumpets

You’ll Never Know - Keely Smith: The Intimate Keely Smith

September In the Rain - Dinah Washington: September In the Rain

I Found A Million Dollar Baby (In A Five And Ten Cent Store) - Nat King Cole: The Very Thought of You

I Only Have Eyes for You - Rosemary Clooney & Pérez Prado Orchestra: A Touch of Tabasco


Harry Warren

(December 24, 1893 - September 22, 1981)


"I found a million dollar baby in a five and ten cent store..."  

Photo: Mason McCall/Pexels


No comments:

Post a Comment